Freebirds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game issues

2 posters

Go down

Game issues Empty Game issues

Post by FBSplice Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:22 pm

Hey guys, it looks like I am temporarily out of commission until I can figure out what happened to my game. I had a nasty incident with a virus last night, and I think I have cleared it, but I have the oddest issues in Aces High.

Mostly what happens is that my view is constantly trying to look up. I thought it was my joystick messing up, but it calibrates fine in windows. I can get my view straight ahead, but if I try to switch modes, it looks straight up again. Sometimes, when I use the direction hat on my stick, it works fine, sometimes it triggers the look up lock.

When the situation first cropped up, I was flying a bomber. I managed to get the views right to drop my bombs, but got set on by a fighter. When I tried to look at him in my guns, the guns all went haywire and started firing and would not stop.

I have reinstalled the game twice. Now I am also having the problem that it will not allow me to change some of the key bind settings. I am going to send a mail to Hitech, but I dont really think its a game bug, but something on my system. If anyone has any ideas Id be happy to hear em, Hopefully I can get this sorted out asap and be back in the skies.

BTW, Crabby, the site looks great Smile
FBSplice
FBSplice
Alpha Wing
2ndLieutenant

Alpha Wing2ndLieutenant

My Aces High II Stats
*As Of: 4/1/2011

Back to top Go down

Game issues Empty Re: Game issues

Post by FBCrabby Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:03 pm

For one thing - chances are you're little science project has messed up your views. Why? Because your head position calibration is saved. And the game is going to always try to use that information to base your views upon... Before you do anything - find the file in your Aces High folder that cointains the calibration for your joystick and all your view settings for your planes...

Once you have done that, go into the offline arena and reset your views and joystick calibration.

If that fails, then completely delete the program. Run a cleanup to delete all the useless file extensions along with any game cache. After that run CCleaner for your registry cleanup THEN run your anti-virus program...

If somehow in any instance that fails, contact HTC and submit your problem to Skuzzy.

good luck.
FBCrabby
FBCrabby
Adjutant
Staff Officer

My Aces High II Stats

http://ahfreebirds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FBSplice Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:44 pm

You are a genius!

I had tried most of the things you suggested... but finally did it in more or less that order and added a registry fix into it. The problem seems to be solved! Very Happy I have to go out for a while now, been hammering my head on this computer for too long, but I will be on later this evening for some bombing madness :p
FBSplice
FBSplice
Alpha Wing
2ndLieutenant

Alpha Wing2ndLieutenant

My Aces High II Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down