Freebirds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We May Have To Move... I'm Not Happy

5 posters

Go down

We May Have To Move... I'm Not Happy Empty We May Have To Move... I'm Not Happy

Post by FBCrabby Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:25 am

Ok... I'll have to explain this as simply as I can...

My Web Host "may" have to shut down soon... What's a web host you ask? Quite simply its the place where I park our domain name "ahfreebirds.com" and the site itself...

Apparantly their servers may not be able to comply with new federal standards coming out in a few months... After personal review, this may be very true...

So whats the problem you ask?.. Well moving or re-directing the domain will not be an issue, nor would moving all the site's files... BUT!! the real problem is, I won't be able to transfer the database for the site...

95% of the time, there is not problem with transferring a database but in case there is... With this form of semi-outdated MySQL database... I'm going to have a hard time finding a host to use it...

Long story short... we may have to start over again...

AND RIGHT WHEN THE FORUM WAS LOOKING REAL GOOD!!! AND WHEN WE WERE ALL SETTLED IN!!!!

such a load of bs... Sad

In any case, we won't know until probably a month... if so, I'll begin preparations...

On the bright side, I'll have an excuse to build something better for us!! Very Happy

I'm sorry guys, this is what I get for using an American Web Host Sad I should have stuck to a Foreign one like I usually do...
FBCrabby
FBCrabby
Adjutant
Staff Officer

My Aces High II Stats
*As Of: 4/1/2011

http://ahfreebirds.com

Back to top Go down

We May Have To Move... I'm Not Happy Empty Re: We May Have To Move... I'm Not Happy

Post by FBAdolla Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:13 am

that sucks Sad
FBAdolla
FBAdolla
Alpha Wing
Major

Alpha WingMajor

My Aces High II Stats

Back to top Go down

We May Have To Move... I'm Not Happy Empty Re: We May Have To Move... I'm Not Happy

Post by FBLazy1 Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:13 am

As long as all my awesomeness doesn't get lost lol! . This does suck though Sad
FBLazy1
FBLazy1
Bravo Wing
Brigadier General

Bravo WingBrigadier General

My Aces High II Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by FBGold Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Well this is not good
FBGold
FBGold
Alpha Wing
Captain

Alpha WingCaptain

My Aces High II Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by FBCrabby Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:39 pm

FBGold wrote:Well this is not good

Well, that's an understatement Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
FBCrabby
FBCrabby
Adjutant
Staff Officer

My Aces High II Stats

http://ahfreebirds.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fbdhaus Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Appreciate all the work you're doing crabby, and to pile this on top, surely we can come up with an adjutant award, or something. Maybe in the shape of a WWII typewriter, or something that stands out.

fbdhaus
Charlie Wing
Lt. Colonel

Charlie WingLt. Colonel

My Aces High II Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum